Subject: Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

From: <Gajdos_at_metatem.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 01:40:10 +0200 (CEST)

On Sat, 10 Apr 2004 at 16:00, scott wrote:

> --- Gajdos_at_metatem.net wrote:
> > Since the dirname is identified by its own extension now, why not looking
> > for "<anything>.tbx" - so it's up to everyone to use dots in front or not
> > - or is this already allowed?
>
> what happens if there are 2 *.tbx file though?

Use the first found?

> i don't see why the . in front is such a big deal in the first place...

On UNIX systems it's a simple way to hide files that one doesn't want to
see all the time, but some people using other OS's seem to have trouble
with the dot up front. In order to still be able to easily keep them out
of my face on my own UNIX system I just suggested to support both ways,
and that way keep both camps happy...
/JG