Subject: RE: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"
From: Aman Singer (
Date: 2004-04-11

Hi, Glenn.
        Very odd indeed. As I said, the dot in front of the dirname.mp3 file
was implemented in the first patch and, to the best of my knowledge, has
never varied. Were I you, I would do this.
        You currently have, I assume, a bunch of mp3 files with directory
names in them spoken by AT&T's voices. Go into the directory with these
files in it in a dos prompt. Then type the following, replacing radio shows
with whatever the name of the directory is that you're trying to get to
speak. If you've renamed your MP3s as TBXs, you'll need to change MP3 to TBX
in the following, too. BTW, it might be an idea to set your punctuation to
all for a second.
copy "radio shows.mp3" j:\"radio shows"
cd "radio shows"
ren "radio shows.mp3" .dirname.mp3
and repeat the process for the next directory. BTW, you will, as of
Tomorrow's build, need to rename everything to TBX if you haven't already.
You might like to use Brian's rename script