Subject: Re: rock video
From: Bio Hazard (
Date: 2004-04-11

> batch converting

oooooh, batch converting? really? thats definatly a plus

> The filter is a different story though. If you use the DirectShow filter
> then you can convert basically any type of video(not just AVI's)

virtual dub can process tons of video formats and saves to any codec i can
get an encoder for

> and do it without the mess of running a billion command line programs

thats what the batch file is for (and its only 5 programs :p )

> the space waster of all the intermediate files

ive got 100GB of free space on my processing drive so theres no problem

> I definitly suggest switching to the filter(if it works now)...

if it dosent have that yuv>2gb problem and will let me set start/end points
and crop the starting video, im all for it