Subject: Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"
From: Salokyn (bazar.nicolas.gif_at_libertysurf.fr)
Date: 2004-04-11

I'm unsing Win2000, the most easy way is to make a search for files with the
name "dirname" and to replace ".mp3" by ".tbx", but the explorer don't like
to rename a file with a period at the beginning (even if when it is renamed
it can be read, moved, copied). So I had to rename them with the ren command
of the "Win2000" DOS, it works fine but it's very long. I tried under
Mandrake10, but the search file feature doesn't work, so it's not more easy.

"[IDC]Dragon" <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de> a écrit dans le message de news:
4697.1081636903_at_www24.gmx.net...
> I hate to ask for another change now, but I sure have had trouble renaming
> my files with a . in front of them. Especially since I typically have
> spaces in my folders & files. I prefer to not use dashes in my names, I
> prefer using files like radio shows.tbx, as even in a DOS box, it will
> have trouble with files like this with a period in front.

Why exactly are you having problems with the upfront period? In the Unix
world, this is the indication for a hidden file. Under Windows, it should do
no
harm. Put your filenames within quotes in the DOS box commands, then it
should take anything.

Jörg

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL