Subject: Re: voice bookmarks (was Re: Setting time and date...)

Re: voice bookmarks (was Re: Setting time and date...)

From: Cristian <cguiducci_at_gostec.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 15:50:24 +0200

Joerg wrote:

>Maybe those products don't have the "resources" the AJB offers: memory,
>harddisk, mp3 decoder.

Maybe, but the lack of will to do a thing is the most important of all. and
this shows the power of open source.

>Without further research, I don't know why "List Bookmarks" shows nothing,
>versus "Recent Bookmarks" shows the bookmarks I created by stopping music or
>deliberately by "Create Bookmark".

I didn't understand it either, I just use the recent 10 bookmarks, and for a
reasonable use I think they are enough. However, I think that the function
"list bookmarks" is active when you use it in a folder in which you created
a bookmark. any other ideas those who use them more thoroughly?

>For "voicing" the bookmark list I can envision saying the bookmark number,
>the directory of the file if "talkboxed", plus maybe the track index. I'll
>have a look on what's easily done.

thanks, I don't know if the track index is important, perhaps the file number
is more intuitive?

 and when you stop and therefore auto-create a bookmark because you've set that option this is no news to you. Can you further explain your idea?

Joerg, I don't set that option, I don't like to create a bookmark any time I stop, for that I use the resume feature, otherwise I would end up with tens of bookmarks, that's why I prefer to create a bookmark only when I need it. and,for the time being, I only use the 10 recent bookmarks, and I usually pause a book i'm reading, and set a bookmark, blind-bookmarking, since while in pause, no sound is audible. I usually listen to the disk spinn up, but you never know exactly.

As a general request, would it be possible to make a general beep for all keys while in pause? if you have to skip 4 or 5 traks for instance, you could do it in pause, so the disk doesn't read the beginning of each song, and a beep would be very useful to confirm the actual key pressure. This would be very very useful in "recording" to, and a beep for pause and a double beep for "go", would be wonderful!

Happy Easter to anybody out there!

      Thanks!

             Cristian