Subject: Re: voice bookmarks (was Re: Setting time and date...)
From: Cristian (cguiducci_at_gostec.net)
Date: 2004-04-12

>Joerg wrote:

>Pause is technically the same as playing, with the only difference that no
>data is pumped. So with our current "infrastructure", no other sounds while
>playing/paused. You need to be stopped.

OK, no problem, but, would it be possible at least to implement the
"set bookmark" funtion in stop? afterall a bookmark is kept for the
resume feature, it would be enough to copy that index to a bookmark.

I don't understand yet, how the "list bookmarks" works, any ideas?
I noticed ajb creates a .bmk file in the upper level of the concerned
folder, and if you play the file, you get the list of bookmark of that
folder, but how the list bookmarks function works in the menues,
still remains a mistery...

For the beep, I think tat a click would nead a few bites, and in stop would
still be useful to indicate scrolling for instance, giving the idea of how many
items have been hovered. If the ajb can handle a input of such a small file
and reproduce it quickly over and over again.

For the letters to trimm, for the alphabet, I noticed the ajb needs a pause
of 70 milliseconds before the audio stream and about 20 msec after it.
but it's just a short experiment, maybe a more accurate test could be made.

Joerg, what about a beep while recording? wouldn't it be possible in some way
to alter the headphone output, like a frequency shift or ossilation to produce a
sort of noise to indicate the pause or recording status? like a beep, beep beep?

         Bye,

                   Cristian