Subject: Re: single pass .rvf video conversion with DirectShow filter

Re: single pass .rvf video conversion with DirectShow filter

From: Bob Pearse <bob_at_bobpearse.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Apr 2004 19:27:46 -0700

Boy, this video is really cool. I just ripped a DVD into my Archos! There
is a great DVD called Koyaanisquatsi, with wonderful music by Phil Glass.
It turned out great. Sound is perfect (I got it from the AC3 track) and the
picture is pretty good.

Thanks for this great addictive tool!

"[IDC]Dragon" <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de> wrote in message
> Well, it is not your filter slowing things down. Takes about the same
> amount of time without your filter (using null renderer).

Then there's no point in optimizing it.

> So I may try
> other filters besides the elecard.

I don't expect a breakthrough here. Decoding a smaller video may help.

> Oh, and I was going to ask about how to adjust brightness on the videos,
> but then noticed my Elecard Video Renderer has this setting. Just FYI
> in case someone has a particular video which has brightness to low/high.

Have you tried the "Half horizontal mode" and "Half vertical mode"
checkboxes?
Could be faster...
You probably have to set these before connection to my filter.

Jörg

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/info