Subject: Re: Win32 Simulator and Tools Build

Re: Win32 Simulator and Tools Build

From: BlueChip <cs_bluechip_at_webtribe.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 21:00:05 +0100

At 17:24 12/04/04, you wrote:
>Ivo Burkart wrote:
>
>>What extra cygwin packages to i need (additionally to sdk) to build tools
>>and simulator?
>>Or is there anything else to set up?
>
>You need the following packages to build the win32 simulator on cygwin:
>binutils
>gcc
>gcc-mingw
>mingw-runtime
>w32api
>
>-Hardeep

I also have a single "installer" file which you are welcome to if you email
me privately - it still has a minor incongruency with 98 which means that
under 98 you choose to build either SIM or AJZ each time you run the app
(not the installer) but it works fine under NT.

It WAS going to replace the old "rockbox official" devkit, but my partner
in crime disappeared before it was finished, and I have no idea what the
cause of this weird 98 issue is. I suppose it could be released as an NT
only devkit - but I have made enough enemies here now to ensure that
nothing I ever do is accepted into Rockbox any more - so maybe someone else
could lay claim to the work and share it with those who could use it?