Subject: Re: Talkbox installation

Re: Talkbox installation

From: Glenn Ervin at Home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 19:52:58 -0500

Hi Geedavee,

----- Original Message -----
From: "Geedavee" <eck_david_at_hotmail.com>
To: <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Monday, April 12, 2004 6:49 PM
Subject: Talkbox installation

I have a few questions.

I have seen a lot of messages about the Talkbox software.
Now that all of the dust has settled, can someone tell me how to install
talkbox after I have just installed the Rockbox daily build?
Yes, download the following:
http://joerg.hohensohn.bei.t-online.de/archos/speech/voicefont/crystal.zip
I haven't seen a basic set of instructions and all of the messages tend
to confuse me saying "try this" or "try that".

I would never tell you to do that, but I will say "Do This":
Unzip the file you downloaded
copy the file:
English.voice into the following folder on your unit:
.rockbox\lang
and it should work.
If not, go into the menus and go to
general,
voice,
voice menus
and toggle it on with the up or down arrow.
If you are also Blind, let me know and I will give you the directions by
arrows.

Also I just did the most recent Rockbox build and when I boot up, the
window still says version 2.1. Is there something I am doing wrong?

I don't know, as I can't read my screen.

I am using a JBR V2.

Ooh one more thing. To play a movie, can I just load it on and then
play it or should I install additional software.

Can't say about that for sure, but I think you will have to change the
format of the movie before loading it and running it.
There is documentation on the website for that.
Glenn

Sorry about all of the questions, but I think there are a lot of newbies
out there (since the Amazon price break)and having all of this info in
one place would be very helpful to all of us.