Subject: Re: rock video

Re: rock video

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 19:55:22 +0200 (MEST)

> Yeah, some of my videos look either really light or dark and changing the
> contrast doesn't help much. Some of the sound is a little shady
> too...I've found that .mpg's look and sound a little better.

The sound is what's in your file, I'm not to be blamed for that...

> Also, this is a general question...have you found that certain video's
> just don't convert at all? Either in the GUI or in GraphEdit, about half
> my avi videos crash with an access violation about 3 seconds in.
> And in
> the GUI, I can't debug or try-catch the exception because it's not in my
> source.

Is it in mine?
I'll update my filter tonight, maybe it's gone then. Otherwise, I'm
interested in such material.

> Then the kicker is, it'll convert fine the next time. It's very
> strange...only a couple files do this, they're only AVI's, and they only
> do it like 3/4 of the time. VERY strange.

The behaviour may indeed differ. It's separate threads pumping data, they
get preempted at OS's will, so the constellation is very unreproduceable.

Jörg

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: http://www.gmx.net/info