Subject: Re: docs unification
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2004-04-13

Daniel Stenberg wrote:

> I've now "unified" the docs on the web site to gather on the
> http://rockbox.haxx.se/docs/ page. All docs are now mentioned there, including
> the hardware mods, links to the screenshots and photos of Archos internals and
> the external page references. This of course to make it easier to find the
> particular info you're looking for.
>
> I suggest we now remove the 'screenshots', 'photos', 'linux driver' and
> 'hardware mods' from the left-side menu to make the navigation easier by
> reducing the amount of choices. I also suggest that we remove the 'features'
> item from the menu, since it is already easily found on the front page and as
> one of the top links on the docs page.

Looks good to me. Perhaps after consolidating some of the other links,
you could make a specific link for the tools page, since technically
speaking it is not documentation?

It might be useful to highlight links to the flashing, voice and video
features, also. They are featured on the front page in the 'news'
section, but perhaps an updated 'features' page with links to the
detailed pages for each of these features - and a one or two line
description, rather than just a link - would be nice? I was thinking of
an update to the current 'Firmware Feature Comparison Chart' page,
rather than a whole new page.

And no, I'm not volunteering - at least this week. =) Next week perhaps.