Subject: Re: Rockbox Digest, Vol 3, Issue 69
From: Jason Williams (jwilliams_at_wi.rr.com)
Date: 2004-04-14

Tim that sounds really cool! i would love to see that, and I might even be
able to help out a bit (I have some novice programming experience from
working with excel ad nauseum at work)

Jason

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 12:20:37 -0700
From: "Elliott, Tim" <Tim.Elliott_at_ips-sendero.com>
Subject: RE: using excel to manage mp3's
To: "'Rockbox development'" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>

I have been working on a VB program that goes through an entire drive
and dumps all filenames along with stuff like short names, file sizes
and file dates to an access database.
It wouldn't take much to add a tagging or renaming ability to it.

My plans were to use it to organize all the different files I have, not
just MP3s. I already want syncing ability and tagging sounds nice too.

If anyone wants it just let me know.
I don't really want to release the source code for it, but I will be
glad to support it and make any changes for it that I can. All for free
and no nag screens either.
Just don't expect changes to come along very quickly.