Subject: Re: start recording screen
From: Cristian (cguiducci_at_gostec.net)
Date: 2004-04-14

>This is for Glenn and others who have difficulty viewing the rockbox
>display. How do you use the recording feature? Do you just go into the
>start recording screen and hit play and hope for the best.

We often have to hope for the best! But luckiely enough, some times it works!
To adjust the gain I do the following:
        1. I listen to a song I know I normalized
at 90% more or less, and with a pair of decent headphones I set a given volume
I try to remember. Listening for 20 seconds or so helps.
        2. I then go to the start recording screen, press play and try to adjust the
volume of the recording, untill the source sounds like the original song I listened
to before. Usually it works, though sometimes I also try to hear possible clipping
or distortions, and with a bit of patience, you can do a good job.

My biggest problem is knowing for sure, whether I'm in rec or pause. If using the
Mas on-off function posted by Bluechip, if a sort of small signal could be generated
when releasing the pause, that would be great. Or, even introducing a 1/10 second
silence in the headphones output when entering the pause-status, would also do.
  Is something of that sort possible?

             Cristian