Subject: Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

Re: new extension for talkbox directory clip: ".dirname.tbx"

From: Brian Wolven <brian.wolven_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 14:29:06 -0400

Mat Holton wrote:

> I agree with placing the files within the .Rockbox directory.
> The daft thing is that if they are they are placed there, then they may as well have the
> mp3 extension!
> AArrgghh! is there no end to this?

Placing them anywhere *but* the directory where they are to be spoken is
just asking for trouble, increased code complexity, and myriad
possibilities for synchronization errors. Change the '.' to an '_', and
change 'dirname' and the extension to anything else, as long as it's
fixed. But don't decouple the clips from the folders. That's begging for
trouble, IMO. I think it would also be pretty easy to look for either
'.dirname' or '_dirname' without doing a fullblown directory search.
This would allow UNIX users to keep the files hidden, if they so choose,
and allow windows users who prefer the explorer interface to manage
their files more easily.

Them's my votes. I think Linus, Björn, Daniel, and Jörg get to "count"
the votes, of course. =)