Subject: AW: Power options
From: Philipp Pertermann (
Date: 2004-04-15

> Von: [IDC]Dragon
> > general settings/display/peak meter/performance.
> This is a very stupid option. It only (mildly) affects an update rate,
> doesn't do anything "real" with the power. I vote for removing it.

I too vote for removing it. I only included it because it seemed to be the
only way to convince the core developers to include the high performance
mode at all. The usability of the peak meter is affected by this option
severely. In the energy saver mode it is nothing but a useless toy that
looks neatly. For serious uses (e.g. while recording) the meter still is to
slow (regarding the peak sample rate, not the 'frame rate' of the display)
and misses many peaks.