Subject: Re: How to install patches?
Date: 2004-04-15

Under "Applying a patch".

If we presume you're in a terminal (text) console in your rockbox
build directory, usually what you'll need to do is:

1. cd .. (to the root of the rockbox source
2. patch -p1 <patchfile (this can vary - might be -p0 or -p2)
3. cd build
4. make

"patchfile" is the .diff or .patch or .whatever you downloaded.
A textfile with the differences - generated by "diff", in a format
readable by "patch". Wow - gibberish...

Well, this applies to when the patch changes several source files, which
most often is the case.

Hope you work it out.