Subject: Re: How to install patches?
From: Lucas (
Date: 2004-04-15

Thanks a lot for your help! I was able to sucessfully patch a .diff file.
I'm trying to patch a WPS patch (#871285) now, but I get an error:

missing header for unified diff at line 10 of patch
Perhaps you used the wrong -p or --strip option?
The text leading up to this was:
|? build
|? file.patch
|Index: apps/tree.c
|RCS file: /cvsroot/rockbox/apps/tree.c,v
|retrieving revision 1.220
|diff -u -r1.220 tree.c
|--- apps/tree.c 22 Dec 2003 09:48:18 -0000 1.220
|+++ apps/tree.c 5 Jan 2004 22:52:55 -0000
File to patch:

Any ideas? or is the patch faulty? (I tried -p0 and -p2 as you suggested,
but -p2 gives me the same error and p-1 gives me another error entirely.

Thanks for your help,