Subject: JBR20 won't start after 2.2 firmware upgrade
From: Jake Park (jakesir_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 2004-04-16

I spoke to few people in the IRC and they told me to send mail. here is my
story...

I had rockbox 2.1 firmware flashed on my v2 JBR20 for while(worked great!!)
and wanted to upgrade to 2.2 I ran rockbox.ucl after copying from the zip
and it gave me an error "incompatible...." and after that "ROLO error:"
followed by "checksum error:" and it turned off by itself. (I used
rockbox.ucl 'cause when i ran ajbrec.ajz from directory, it said "ROLO error
& checksum error" So, I figure rockbox.url will take care of that)
Now, I can turn on the player in archos firmware ONLY using F1+on button,
however, if i just turn it on using ON button, nothing shows up. Just a
green light and after while it shuts off(about 10-15 sec). By using F1+ON,
JBR20 will load archos 1.40a. 1.40a seems functional and plays mp3 without
a problem. I can connect to JBR20 using USB with F1 pressed. It won't load
USB without F1. I have changed different version of firmware from 2.1 to
2.2 and different builds but no avail. Please help, I love rockbox. I want
it back. Thank you in advance.....