Subject: Re: queue/insert with play button (party mode), patch 887081
From: Henrik Backe (backe_at_swipnet.se)
Date: 2004-04-16

"Daniel Gudlat" <gudlat_at_web.de> wrote in message
> Andreas Stemmer wrote:
>
> > Just an idea: would it be difficult to extend the "auto bookmark on
> > stop" feature in that way, that
> > 1) it will include the current temporary playlist
> > 2) it saves a bookmark if the user starts a new playlist (clearing the
> > current one)
>
> I wholeheartedly second that request. As it is, and unless I'm missing
> something fundamental here, bookmarking is basically only good for audio
> book people. Those who use (temporary) playlists to listen to
> collections of mp3's only have exactly one resume point as recorded in
> the .playlist_control file.

That's not true, it's good for any non-modifeid playlist. For us oldies that
listen to
albums not just tracks it's still good.

> Andreas's request of extending bookmarks to playlists would make all the
> bookmarking goodness vastly more useful, IMHO.

I agree, but it involves quite a lot work to do. Every bookmark must be a
copy of
.playlist_control file with some additional information (mainly display
information
to make browsing bookmarks easier). The main problem will be to avoid
cluttering
the disk with bookmark files.

.../Henrik