Subject: Re: Usefull features
From: Cristian (
Date: 2004-04-18

Pierrot wrote:
>Hi everybody :)
>First, I want to congratulate all the people who work on this project, what
>you do is really wonderfull.

I agree.

>But, I don't understand why you try to make the jukebox speak, or play
>videos, whereas there are things more important to do.

hemm,emh... it depends on what you expect from such a product, plus,
as a Blind, I must say, joerg's effort is great, for us it means 80% more
than what we could do with "blind-rockboxing".

>... ... If you are able to make the box speak or play video, you are able to fix
>those features, aren't you ?

I suppose yes, though I'm not a programmer, but, the nature of open source
programming is not what you seem to postulate...

Someone is intrested in something for some reason and does it. Giving priority
to something or something else, is up to the programmer, although I think
that some requests, if sensible, can be beneficial to the development of a project.

as joerg writes, my 0,0,000001 dollars!