Subject: RE: Usefull features
From: Fred Maxwell (rockbox_at_anti-spam.org)
Date: 2004-04-18

Pierrotsmnrd wrote:

> But, I don't understand why you try to make the jukebox speak, or play
> videos, whereas there are things more important to do. (so, it's just my
> point of view ;))

I find the adaptation of the Archos products for blind users to be one of
the most inspiring and exciting examples of how open source projects can
benefit people. Even though Archos, Apple, Dell, Creative Labs, and Rio all
make "jukebox" type products, none of them made the effort to adapt their
product for blind users. That the Rockbox development team is doing so is a
testament to the power of open source (and a condemnation of
profit-is-everything businesses).

With the tremendous disadvantage that blindness is, regardless of how
courageously blind people cope, I won't mind of nothing ever gets done on
Rockbox beyond making it more usable for them.

Regards,
  Fred Maxwell