Subject: Re: mp3 encoding quality and bitrates, how it works?

Re: mp3 encoding quality and bitrates, how it works?

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <linus_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 00:02:48 +0200

Cristian wrote:
>> 22050, 24000, 16000: MPEG version 2
>
> Is there a bitrate table for these frequences too?

Nope.

>> 11025, 12000, 8000: MPEG version 2.5 (not an official standard)
>
> Is this supported by rockbox? for speech it would be nice, but I
> don't see any options to set them.

No. The MAS can decode MPEG2.5, but not encode.

> Yes, But How do I start a recording? I press play on start recording,
> then I must press the play button to start the recording and I think
> stop one time to pause and then stop again to exit. is this right?

Yes. You select Recording from the menu. Then you press Play to start
it. If you press Play again, you continue recording, but to a new file.
This way you can split the recording into several files.

> No, I meant, while in recording, if I need to fade a track, or I have
> a high source, sometimes I think that it would be nice to be able to
> lower the volume to zero while recording, so that iou can manually
> fade in and out, as you do with any normal good taperecorder. Maybe
> this is feasible and it's me who is not able to activate it?

When I think of it, it would be cool with a "fade out" function...hmmm...

Linus