Subject: Re: Neo35 car player
From: tim vogt (rockbox_at_synaptick.net)
Date: 2004-04-19

tim vogt wrote:
> BlueChip wrote:
>> Does anyone here actually have a Neo35?
>
> I have a Neo35, but I've never opened it up. I put Open Neo on it
> several months ago, but haven't really been keeping up on it.

Okay, so I was curious and went and popped open my Neo35 (it was
absurdly easy). I was going to take some photos, but these guys
(http://www.techknowman.com/MP3_Player/Neo%20Players/Neo35/Neo%2035.htm)
beat me to it.

The flash is socketed, and it's a standard 29F040 (512 kB) chip. The
RAM is much skimpier than the Archos, at only 256 kB. There are some
unused pads on the board (optional memory upgrade?).

Do any of the Rockbox core crew know when OpenNeo took their starting
snapshot of Rockbox? If someone (e.g., me) were to attempt to port
Rockbox to the Neo35, would it make sense to look at the diffs between
the Rockbox version they started with and OpenNeo, and then try to merge
the relevant diffs into the current version of Rockbox? Or is that too
simplistic?

--
Tim Vogt
rockbox_at_synaptick.net