Subject: Re: JBR20 won't start after 2.2 firmware upgrade
From: jake (jakesir_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 2004-04-19

I know i have correct file in the root but I have tried various versions of builds as well as different programs(fm, recorder, player) without success. Even formatted several times but still no go.

When I ran debug before running rockbox.ucl,(I wrote them down) I found a bit of difference from the first time I ran.( This was before the flashing.)

Before flashing ROM: 1.32 PR: positive
After flashing ROM:1.23 PR: Negative
everything else was same.... Flash M=BF D=D6 ROM CRC: 0x222f v1...

i've been reading some info and I'm pretty sure I have to reflash it. So I need to build me a RS232 converter.

Though I have some amount of experience in electronics and mastered the art of soldering, I have reached era in my life that I would rather spend my time playing golf or sleeping.

Hence my question is, does anyone sell this product?(http://www.superdroidrobots.com/rs232.htm which one?)

And where can I find the instruction to reflash using the converter? (I know db9 connection on my pc but what about on JBR20? one the rom itself? someone said using line in connection but not for jbr v2 )

I have recorder v2 and it's got USB port on it. Can't I use usb to reprogram?

Oh, and if i have a serial cable(db9) equipped with ps2 cable input for power, will i need to modify to accomodate needed juice? some of instruction by bjorn's link was not found, (http://rockbox.haxx.se/mail/archive/rockbox-archive-2003-12/0904.shtml) Anyone know ???