Subject: Re: talkBox filenames
From: Jack (
Date: 2004-04-19

"'~' has special significance on *nix systems"

Really? I never knew that! What does it mean, if that isn't too OT?

I, in the past, was looking for a charecter which would send a file to the bottom of a sorted list. I suppose the only ones are { } | ~ . None are really suited for use.

On 19.04.2004 at 02:02 PM Brian Wolven wrote:

>Jack wrote:
>> Yes... but no. Someone today suggested we should use ~ as a prefix, to
>send it to the bottom of the list. Does anyone have any insightful
>comments about that?
>> Otherwise, Underscore seems fine.
>> I think we're all sure we want .talk , however.
>'~' has special significance on *nix systems, and should probably be
>avoided. It looks like underscore is the best bet for now, although it
>*would* be nice to have the files fall to the bottom of the listing so
>as not to mess up the correspondence between track and file numbering
>(for albums, at least) in 'view all' mode, as Jörg said.

Jack (My Website)