Subject: firmware/serial.c mod problem. please help.
From: jobarjo (jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr)
Date: 2004-04-19

Hi all

I've started trying to hack the rockbox for my unilink cd changer application.
I've modified firmware/serial.c to install interrupt handlers for receive and transmit, based on jorg's alpine cd changer code.

There is an error filtering mechanism which is based on polling, surely because the remote pin receives noises when pluggin the headphones.
This mechanism confirms a received code if at the next tick there is no error.

Is there a way to replace this noise filtering based only with interrupts?
I need to respond to some commands in real time, So I've no time waiting for the next tick...

I've looked at the doc, when there is a framing error, the byte is not received. So is the noise filtering mandatory?

Regards