Subject: Re: firmware/serial.c mod problem. please help.
From: jobarjo (jobarjo78_at_yahoo.fr)
Date: 2004-04-20

Linus Nielsen Feltzing wrote:

> That filtering is only needed when you insert/remove the ear plug,
> where you can get bogus characters.

Hmm, do you think these bogus really bother?

I have another silly question...

the idle serial level is 1, the start bit is 0...
how are these serial level at the TTL side and in the RS232 side?
are the RS232 levels inverted compared to TTL?
In my case, I connected the pic output directly to the serial Rx of my
PC and it works.
As the serial driver is in software, I dont remember the levels I used,
but I think it is inverted.

Does this mean I need at least an inverter (or a rs232 adapter) for the
archos to transmit to the PC?

Thanks for your help