Subject: USB/Disk poweroff problem
From: Henrik Backe (
Date: 2004-04-20

Hello everybody,

I've just discovered a problem connecting to the pc with USB.

Flashed JBR20 with the slow hitachi_dk23ca-20 disk.
Latest daily build
Disk Poweroff=Yes
Connect the usb cable before powering on the JBR20

The usb connection "hangs" and the JBR20 disk stops spinning before
the disk is properly mounted.
In windows xp the only thing to do is to pull the usb cable.
In windows 2k I can eject the disk.

When I pull the USB cable the JBR20 hangs for a couple of seconds
and then shows ATA error -71.

This is not a big problem for me, (just don't connect the usb before power
on, or
set disk poweroff to no), but if someone is able to reproduce this
problem, there is probably some hardware init bug still uncrushed.