Subject: new voice files available

new voice files available

From: <netcava_at_club-internet.fr>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 03:47:33 -0400

Hello friends,

Ok, I have two new voice files for you.

The first one is a correction on my french translation voice.
the second one is an English voice using the IBM Viavoice Outloud speech
engine.

There are maybe some stuff not spoken, as I'm afraid I have forgoten afew
message strings.
Specifically, I have just discovered that the English voice do not speak
the
"voice file name" choice in the voice menu.
I will correct this this evening.

in the mean time, the voices are here
www.netcava.net/public/english.rar
and
www.netcava.net/public/francais.rar

the files I have used to create these voices are here
www.netcava.net/public/ensrc.rar - english
and
www.netcava.net/public/frsrc.rar - french.

btw. I have used a shareware called textsound
to batch convert the text files to spoken messages
it's available at www.bytecool.com

I personally prefer textsound to Textaloud-MP3, i find it more stable and
maybe faster.
+ they offer a command-line version of the utility.

I also use the IBM Viavoice speech engine which can be found in the demo
version of a talking browser (IBM Home Page reader)
the Engine itself is not limited to work only with HPR, it work undefinitly
with any SAPI 4.0 application. and can be installed separatly from HPR if
you know how to open the .exe file of the install program with Winrar to
extract the 'Outloud' directory from it:-)
the demo of HPR can be downloaded from IBM site at www.ibm.com/sns I think.

btw. Viavoice Outloud speaks American English, british English, German,
Italian, French, spanich and Finish.

btw.... to create the voice files, you of course also need
voicefont.exe from Jorg site, wavtrim.exe (same source)
and lame.exe - lame Encoder.

Let me know please what you think about these voices.

I'm quite happy with them, even if there's a small bug if you press a buton
while the Archos is still talking something, the next message is truncated
at the begining.
But Jorg's voice files did have this problem too, so I don't think this is
on my end.
Maybe a hardware limitation of the Jukebox???

have fun.