Subject: Re: 1,8" HDD for ajb ?
From: [IDC]Dragon (idc-dragon_at_gmx.de)
Date: 2004-04-22

http://www.hitachigst.com/tech/techlib.nsf/techdocs/4B0BCB1DB47911A386256D5500494CDC/$file/HGSTTravelstarC4K40.PDF
> looks like a standard 2,5"hdd mechanical interface to me.

Yes it will fit, these drives are mechanically like half a 2.5" drive. The
connector end is the same.
The supply is nominally 3.3V now, but also tolerates 5V at the cost of
higher consumption.
If mounted into an FM/V2, you could modify the supply to give less than 5V.
Those models have a DC/DC converter to make 5V from the LiIon voltage which
can then be bypassed.
The Player/Recorder models use the battery voltage directly, not so easy
there.

Jörg

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL