Subject: Encoder/decode Chips
From: Fox (
Date: 2004-04-22

Hey all,
I'm working on my senior project for my BS degree in computer engineering.
My project works with low bandwidth audio and I'm looking for some chips
that will permit voice compression (and a chip that will decompress) with a
bandwidth range of 8kbps to 28kbps. sampling rate of 6khz-11khz mono. MP3 is
ideal but not not nesassary. The chip thats used in the archos only encodes
down to 32kbs making it unsuitable. Can anyone point to some chips that will
fulfill my needs?