Subject: Noise while plugged in

Noise while plugged in

From: RK <randyk_at_wi.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 23:03:56 -0500

I have the JBR V2. (The newer looking Jukebox Recorder, no FM.)

Has anyone else noticed when you are plugged into an external power source (outlet or car adapter) that there is static present? It's mostly static with a pulse type noise. I have mine plugged into a car stereo, but you could get the same effect with headphones. Put the music on pause and turn the volume all the way up with and without external power. (I have to try this myself.) Maybe the amplification just makes it more noticeable.

When I unplug the external power source however, the output is CD-quality quiet. Otherwise, it's more like an old tape.

If they all do that, then I guess it's better to use it portable than plugged in.