Subject: Re: AJB wake up in car application

Re: AJB wake up in car application

From: <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 20:23:40 +0200 (MEST)

Ooops. I had another closer look to that peace of code of the "Car Adpater
Mode" and I guess that's not what I'm looking for.

That code seems to be that feature that continues playing when power was
switched off and then returned while the AJB did not yet power down (I call
that the "switch off ignition, go to the backery, come back, switch ignition
on and AJB continues" feature.

What I was originally looking for is the AJB wake-up. That means the AJB was
really powered down and then power is connected once again.

Some guys in the list were commenting, that there are some (or at least one)
local solution somewhere. Another guy commented to take care of that feature
to be implemented, because it would be really usefull in car applications.

Greetings

Matthias

> Hmmm....
>
> I'm having the AJB Studio and am currently running the April 21 daily
> build.
> I guess if this peace of code was in the April 13 build, it should still
> be
> in the newer ones, isn't it ?
>
> You are mentioning "F1", that does NOT respond to the AJB Studio.
> Could it be, that this "car adapter power on" update was done only in the
> Recorder SW, but not for the AJB Studio ?
>
> In the menu I do see the "car adapter mode" entry and (of course) it's
> enabled.
>
> I'm not well introduced to "inside Rockbox code", but the code below seems
> to consider that "power on again" feature.
>
> Greetings,
> Matthias
>
> > I'm currently running the April 13 daily build. If I do F1->General
> > Settings->System I see a "car Adapter Mode" as the next-to-last entry on
> > that screen. This code is also in CVS ATM, so it sure seems like it
> > ought to be there and working:
> >
> [SNIP]
> > static void car_adapter_mode_processing(void)
> > {
> [SNIP]
> > else {
> > /* if external power was turned on */
> > if (charger_inserted()) {
> >
> > charger_power_is_on = true;
> >
> > /* if paused */
> > if (mpeg_status() & MPEG_STATUS_PAUSE) {
> > /* delay resume a bit while the engine is cranking */
> > play_resume_time = current_tick + HZ*5;
> > waiting_to_resume_play = true;

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp
E-Mail : Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de