Subject: Is my FM Recorder now a paper weight?
From: Jeff Dilcher (dilcher_at_hiddenworld.net)
Date: 2004-04-24

Here is my situation. Maybe someone can help.

My FM recorder was having problems mysteriously shutting down,
even on a full charge.

I am runnning the "bios flashed" version of Rockbox.

I thought I might have corruption on my hard drive, so
I fdisked and reformatted it, and redownloaded the zip
file, copying over a new .rockbox directory. So far so
good. No songs or anything on the disc yet...

Now, when I restart the unit. I immediatedly get a disc
buffer full error message, and I cannot see any files
in the lcd window. When the unit is hooked up to usb,
I can mount it and see my files, no problem.

I thought I should re-flash the bios, as that probaby
would fix the problem. I attempted to "re-follow" the
flashing instructions...

Only problem is, I can't "browse" to the bios file I want
to flash, because I keep getting errors that the disc
buffer is full, and no files found, when I try to
follow through with the flash process.

So, am I completely hosed?