Subject: RE: Charging options on the FM Recorder
From: Aman Singer (aman_at_asinger.net)
Date: 2004-04-26

Hi.

Scott said
--- Aman Singer <aman_at_asinger.net> wrote:
> Secondly, the battery pack can be replaced, and I've even seen an
> URL for replacements, but someone else will have to give that out, as I
> wasn't paying attention at the time. The battery pack is proprietary, but
> replaceable.
> Aman
link: http://www.pdainternalbattery.com/archospdabattery.html

        Have you, if I may ask, used these batteries? The reason I ask is
that they don't mention the FMR or V2, but only the Video, MM, and Gmini

Scott said
we really need a faq for the FMR/V2 batteries. I think i'll start compiling
one.

-scott

        Thank you, Scott. I asked for this before and it's a great idea.
Here are a base of questions for it. First, how long does it take the li-ion
battery to charge, and how long does it play for generally? What is the
Amperage on the battery?
        Secondly, I know it takes longer to charge the battery via USB, but
how much longer? Is it normal/desirable to have the drive constantly
spinning when the unit is on USB?
        Thirdly, is there anything I can do to prevent the swelling and
breakage people have reported with this battery?
        Aman