Subject: Re: AJB wake up in car application

Re: AJB wake up in car application

From: <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 20:23:27 +0200 (MEST)

> RK wrote:
> > I agree. You still have to power it on manually when the power
> > returns now. That would be a nice feature indeed. :)
> >
> > Randy
>
> An earlier thread here indicated that a short pulse on the DC input would
> wake up the Archos without going into the charge mode.... I haven't tried
> this, but worth checking out.
>
> Steve.
I tried it with several options (longer pulses, shorter pulses,
longer/shorter times until power returns and so on, but I never got it
working with that solution. Until now, there was nobody able to give me a
more detailed description how to perform....

Even so, I think this can be only a work around, because it still needs
a) manual accuracy to hit the times ;-))
b) a separate HW that makes the pulse

I therefore really would apreciate the SW version that is already waiting in
the patch tracker (ID 923547) waiting for assignment.

In a former thread there were also some developers promissing that they are
liking the idea and try to work on it. As I've seen right now, the status in
the patch tracker is still assigned to nobody, so I guess we need to wait
more a little bit ;-))

Greetings

Matthias

Sent by: Matthias Klumpp