Subject: Re: Calculator plugin for recorder is underway.
From: Tom Norris (
Date: 2004-04-26

BlueChip wrote:
> If you were after feedback about what people wanted (otherwise why would
> you have posted)...
> brackets, square root, sin, cos, tan, factorial!, hex, dec, oct, bin,
> multiple memories
I want to get addition and multiplication done first.(pre-baby stage)
But the system I'm writing for it *should* be flexable enough to add
squareroot, trig functions (sin, cos, tan, atan, etc), factorial, and
base conversions.

> for bases i suggest resolving them a print time, that way you an do
> 1.5d*2h and get 11b as an answer
11b? What is a b?

So far, the GUI looks like this(right out of my code):

     rb->lcd_puts(0,1," 1 2 3 +");
     rb->lcd_puts(0,2," 4 5 6 -");
     rb->lcd_puts(0,3," 7 8 9 *");
     rb->lcd_puts(0,4," 0 . = /");

(But again, this is still *pre-baby* stage.)
Then a '>' is placed next to the number/operation the cursor is
selecting. Anyone have ideas about how to just make the LCD inverse the
selection? A 'for' loop perhaps? (ie: I want to eliminate the >)