Subject: Re: Searching for flash chip
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-04-26

> I have a new jukebox recorder 20 here which is not flashable. Does
> anybody know where I can find the appropriate SST39VF020 chip here in
> Germany? [IDC]Dragon, where did you find yours?

Frankly, I don't know where it came from. I used my companies' logistics to
order samples. But it was a real pain, don't ask me to do that again.
Best source is probably a broken box.

> And, second question: is it enough to program the flash externally with
> the image (.bin) which is included in the first-flash-package or is
> there anything else that has to be done?

In principle this will do, but one important extra:
You have to patch in your h/w mask value, the bytes at offset 0xFC and 0xFD
of your flash dump.
You can program the chip internally if you have a box with boot ROM. I've
soldered mine in blank.

NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL
Ab sofort DSL-Tarif ohne Grundgebühr: