Subject: Re: Searching for flash chip

Re: Searching for flash chip

From: [IDC]Dragon <idc-dragon_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 22:53:32 +0200 (MEST)

> I have a new jukebox recorder 20 here which is not flashable. Does
> anybody know where I can find the appropriate SST39VF020 chip here in
> Germany? [IDC]Dragon, where did you find yours?

Frankly, I don't know where it came from. I used my companies' logistics to
order samples. But it was a real pain, don't ask me to do that again.
Best source is probably a broken box.

> And, second question: is it enough to program the flash externally with
> the image (.bin) which is included in the first-flash-package or is
> there anything else that has to be done?

In principle this will do, but one important extra:
You have to patch in your h/w mask value, the bytes at offset 0xFC and 0xFD
of your flash dump.
You can program the chip internally if you have a box with boot ROM. I've
soldered mine in blank.

Jörg

--
NEU : GMX Internet.FreeDSL