Subject: RE: Calculator plugin put on hold
From: Gary Wingert (
Date: 2004-04-27

Not sure if this helps or not, but what about BCD math?
Years ago, I wrote code in QuickBasic but linked with
highly-efficient hand-coded assembler libraries from
Crescent Software. All floating point was tossed out -
integer only. Then another company came out with a
companion library that performed floating point ops but
used BCD to do it all with integers.

I don't pretend to know all the voodoo that goes on
there, but try googling it and maybe that might be
an alternative?