Subject: playlist compatibility?
From: Eric Bergerson (eric100_at_pacbell.net)
Date: 2004-04-27

Greetings all,
        I'm wondering if Archos players use m3u playlists, and if so, can I use
playlists that I generated with another program, like winamp, with Archos
players without having to manually reproduce the playlists? I ask because I
control all my home stereo based music through my computer, and as such I've
put considerable effort into building playlists on my computer and I want to
buy a portable player that can just use those same playlists without having
to rebuild them for the portable. I know that winamp playlists generated in
winamp work with other music management programs like Musicmatch, does the
same principle apply to Archos players? If not, does anyone know a portable
player that can use m3u playlists generated by other programs? Thanks in
advance to anyone who can help me.

best,
eric