Subject: RE: Calculator plugin for recorder is underway.
From: Touillaud Nicolas (Nicolas.Touillaud_at_fr.thalesgroup.com)
Date: 2004-04-27

>Neon John wrote:
>
>> What is the purpose of this hack and what use would it be? I can't
>> see how this would have any use without a touch screen or keyboard.
>> Even with a whippy-kewl input scheme, why?
>
>Because it's fun to do?

I'll just add that things done "for fun" can benefit to more usefull
features.
Video support is a good example. Even the author doesn't use it that often,
other do :) yet the researches done for this funtionnality (play mp3 from
memory iirc) were used in talking menus/Talkbox. I'm not blind either, yet
I'll use this function while driving as soon as the f******g slow repairing
service send my unit back. Even if this particular option is not used by
most people, I don't consider its developement a waste of resources.

Nicolas