Subject: Re: Calculator plugin for recorder is underway.
From: Fred Maxwell (
Date: 2004-04-27

Neon John wrote:

> I wonder if I'm the only one sitting over here on the
> sidelines with growing alarm at what RockBox is turning
> into. Since the first of the year it seems like RockBox has
> moved from being the best AUDIO player available to a
> growing blivit of clever but of questionable utility hacks.
> I sure wish it was a plugin so it could be easily removed by
> people who don't want it.

I find myself in the uncomfortable position of agreeing with Neon John
again, but I won't single out any of the individual features for criticism.
I will go a bit further and say that *anything* not directly related to core
audio player functionality should be a plug-in that one has to *add*, not
something that has to be actively removed. I have no problem with optional
plug-ins for calculators, video viewers, voice UI, or games -- as long as
they remain that: optional plug-ins.
  Fred Maxwell