Subject: RE: Calculator plugin for recorder is underway.
From: Fred Maxwell (
Date: 2004-04-27

Linus wrote:

> Fred Maxwell wrote:
> > Maybe that argues in favor of expanding the power of the plug-in
> interface
> > so that the voice UI can someday be a plug-in.
> That would be a huge waste of resources, if you ask me.

In the last post, you stated that the plug-in interface was added
specifically so that non-core functionality could be done as plug-ins rather
than being always present. Now we've got a voice UI, which is certainly not
a core feature that will be used by most people. So I'm not following why
it would it "be a huge waste of resources" to improve the plug-in interface
so that the voice UI (or other alternative output methods) could be a

  Fred Maxwell