Subject: RE: Calculator plugin for recorder is underway.

RE: Calculator plugin for recorder is underway.

From: Jack <jack_at_sylviawebster.f2s.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 16:35:46 +0100

>By the very nature of the talkbox code, this feature would be nigh
>impossible to move out to a plugin.
>
>However, if it is worth your time to put in the effort - you too can call
>in FAQ#77 and use it as your coding project :)

Also, there are a couple of classes of plugins, for example Games, Utility, Tools and so on. These are rarely used compared to things like the File Interface, and there is often a choice of games you may play and so on. Talkbox is in a class of its own: There won't ever really be multiple Talkboxes to choose from, nor will there be anything similar which falls into the same class (As far as I can imagine). Therefore, there isn't a user advantage to Talkbox being a plugin, whilst there are advantages of games being plugins.

If Talkbox is put into a plugin, then why shouldn't the file browser be a plugin?

Jack (My Website)