Subject: Re: Archos talking directory items
From: Brian Wolven (brian.wolven_at_verizon.net)
Date: 2004-04-27

fanus wrote:

> Hi Aman
> You are a little superior to my knowledge. Do you mean that if I have
> all the software which speaks the menu items, it is just a matter of
> changing the settings you mentioned to get the foldernames announced
> like "folder 1 ..." etc. or must I only want folder 1 etc. and not
> download other software. In other words, I do not want voice clips, so
> will my current software work to set it for folder1 ... Etc.
> I hope you follow what I mean.
> Thanks
> Fanus

If you just want the folders and files to be identified by a number,
then you need not create any voice clips. You only need a recent daily
build of rockbox and a copy of the voice file for your desired language.
I think that English, French, and German vioce files have been created
by people so far. It is possible to create your own voice file if you're
willing to do a little work. Here's the page with links to the already
made voice files, BTW:

http://rockbox.haxx.se/lang/

And yes, it does currently show links for deutsch/english/francais.

One correction to Aman's comments about the mp3clipgen script - it's not
going to work (AFAIK) if you specify a drive letter as the input. It
must be a folder. The script operates recursively, and folders and
drives are accessed by different methods in vbscript. It *could* be made
to use a drive letter, but it won't as presently coded. So J:\music is
fine, but j:\ is not.