Subject: Talking Directories & Fast Key Presses

Talking Directories & Fast Key Presses

From: <Matthias.Klumpp_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2004 23:45:48 +0200 (MEST)

Hi,

first of all I would like to point out that this talking dir feature is
really great. I'm using my AJB in the car and it was sometimes difficult to
read the display when the sun was shining on it. I have the talking dirs now
working and it is also a great step ahead in security, because you don't
need to take your eyes off the road while cruising aroudn with 180km/h (in
Germany hihi ;-)))

I found some behaviour, that could be improved:

I have only the talking directories enabled.
I'm browsing around with the keys pretty fast.
When a .dirname is played and I'm pressing the +/- keys, the current
.dirname is aborted and the next one begins to play.
So far so good.
Try this with some fast key presses and it sounds a little bit confused.

Maybe it would be a solution to bring in a user configurable delay into the
menu, that delays playing of the next .dirname when the previous one was
aborted. Means that would create a little pause between them.

I was thinking in user configurable delay, because I suppose that some users
don't like it the way I purposed. In this case it would be only a matter of
configuration.

Any opinions ?

Greetings

Matthias