Subject: MP3 Playback Problem
From: linux_at_litenverden.org
Date: 2004-04-28

I have created a large number of short MP3 files (from WAVs) consisting of
1 second of silence, 1 word, and 2 seconds of silence. These are for
language training (I'm studying Norsk). I've tried two encoders. I get
the same results. Almost all files play on my FMR just fine. A few files
play fine, the start the following file without changing the display
filename info, and that file then continues to repeat until the >> button
is pressed. At that time, the second file plays once and moves on to the
next file with proper deiplay behavior. I've tried re-encoding the pairs
of files that are associated with this issue, but it does not seem to
help.

Any thoughts on this?

Should I upload one or two?

George