Subject: Re: AJB wake up in car application
From: [IDC]Dragon (
Date: 2004-04-28

> once again entering that item of waking up a completely powered down AJB
> by
> plugging in the external power supply in car adapter mode (HW solution see
> at the end):

> I tested Craig's SW modification, that was following:
> --------------------------
> Remove this block of code in main.c and a flashed Rockbox will act as if
> the
> on button was pressed when power is applied:
> if (coldstart && charger_inserted())
> {
> rc = charging_screen(); /* display a "charging"
> screen */
> if (rc == 1 || rc == 2) /* charger removed or
> "Off/Stop" pressed */
> power_off();
> /* "On" pressed or USB connected: proceed */
> }
> --------------------------

This is a "dangerous" hack, will lock flashed users out of the box if the
batteries are flat. (Because is insists on spinning up the disk.) Well, we
still have the F1-On option to go Archos, but anyway.

> I guess best way would be to follow that patch submitted, that was
> commented
> as already
> working:

This is rather a wild hack than a patch. But I have in mind to fix the
situation, one of these days...

We need to rework the settings part a bit, such that RTC settings are
available early. This also makes sense for the charging options.
The Player models are a different story, have no RTC. But by chance they
also can't be flashed yet, so the disk is always available for them when
Rockbox starts up.

Jetzt aktivieren unter