Subject: Re: 2nd feature: Recording Timer
From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing (linus_at_haxx.se)
Date: 2004-04-29

David H. Straayer wrote:
> Ok please comment on this spec. Have I overlooked something? Are the
> increments and defaults appropriate? Would anybody PLEASE volunteer to
> implement it!!! (If not, there goes my weekends. :-) )

The reason I have revamped the time setting functions (introducing some
new bugs in the process) is that I am working on a new interface for
timed functions. Not only recording timer, but also sleep/wakeup timers
as well.

My goal is to be able to set up a list of timed recordings, much like a
VCR, and still be able to use the device for playback until it's time to
record. I also want to be able to (for FM/V2 devices) shut off the
device and let it wake up when it's time to record.

Linus