Subject: Re: Viewing Full Title
From: Fred Maxwell (
Date: 2004-04-29 wrote:

> I just got my Archos and immediately installed RockBox. However, I have a
> question. Some of the names of my songs and the bands are long. As a result,
> all I can see sometimes is the name of the band and, the rest is off the
> screen, that does not help when I have 20 songs by them. Is there anyway I
> can see the whole thing? Thanks a lot in advance!

I recommend the following file naming convention:

\MP3 <-- Name of the directory where your MP3s are stored.
   \artist_name <-- e.g., "The Beatles"
     \album_1_name <-- e.g., "Revolver"
       \01. track_1_name.mp3 <-- e.g., "01. Taxman"
       \02. track_2_name.mp3 <-- e.g., "02. Eleanor Rigby"
       \03. track_3_name.mp3 <-- e.g., "03. I'm Only Sleeping"
       \01. track_1_name.mp3
       \02. track_2_name.mp3
       \03. track_3_name.mp3
       \01. track_1_name.mp3
       \02. track_2_name.mp3
       \03. track_3_name.mp3

Using the naming scheme described above will allow you to easily select
an entire album by an artist and see the tracks in order.
Windows/Linux/whatever will sort the tracks by track number in each
directory. It's proven to be a system with a lot of positives and very
few negatives for me.

I also recommend using ID3V1 tags to store the track information. Then
you can create a custom WPS (While Playing Screen) file that displays
the information that you want.

   Fred Maxwell